Modafinil is amongst the popular smart drugs that are being used today. The medication is prescribed to cure daytime sleepiness and fatigue. It aids enhance wakefulness and alertness for better performance. It falls under the category of nootropics which are drugs that improve cognitive abilities. It is widely used in most workplaces and universities since these are places where productivity is required for long hours. Have you come across the benefits of Modafinil? Are you interested in using it? Well, this article will tell you all you need to know about Modafinil, what it is used for, what it does and much more.
What Is Modafinil?
It is a drug used to treat sleepiness and fatigue. It is FDA regulated and approved for use. It has to obtain a prescription. However, in most cases, it is used off-label, since it is a favorite cognitive enhancer. The drug can improve a variety of cognitive functions such as wakefulness, memory, physical performance and much more.
It is legal to use, but a couple of organizations and universities has banned it. It is also considered a doping agent in the sports world. It affects different brain receptors and chemicals such as serotonin, dopamine, and histamine.
Compared to its counterparts, amphetamines, Modafinil poses fewer side effects and euphoria while still proving a similar level of cognitive enhancement. From testimonials, Modafinil has proven to be unique in helping to reduce fatigue. Other users have also praised it for its ability to reduce brain fog. Despite being classified as a prescription-only drug, it has found its way to the streets and is being abused with the aim to improve focus and clarity.
Characteristics of Modafinil
Here Are Characteristics of Modafinil
- It’s Not a Stimulant. Most people perceive Modafinil as a stimulant since it helps reduce sleepiness and fatigue. But, it’s not a stimulant. It is a eugeroic that is a drug designed to promote wakefulness. Unlike coffee, it won’t give you the jitters and neither will you suffer from withdrawal symptoms. This is one of the perks of using smart drugs.
- Not Addictive. A lot of people fear taking Modafinil since they think it is addictive, but it isn’t. It does the exact opposite. It helps kick out addictions.
- Minimal Side Effects. Similar to all other drugs, Modafinil does have a few side effects. But, they are minimal and won’t interfere with your quality of life.
- Modafinil is effective. We have to hand it down to the manufacturers of Modafinil since they knew what they were doing. This drug is quite useful in minimizing fatigue and improving focus.
What Does Modafinil Do?
The big question behind everybody’s lips is: what does What Does Modafinil Do? According to the manufacturers and testimonials from different users. Modafinil does enhance brain activity such as boosting wakefulness, mental focus clarity, and less fatigue. Modafinil is also said to improve mood. A lot of users have reported feeling motivated and more vigilant after taking Modafinil. It also assists in reducing impulse response and supporting the sleep deprived.
Modafinil Safety Issues
Modafinil is safe for use. The drug has been FDA approved and thus won’t have harmful side effects on you. Moreover, as mentioned above, it isn’t addictive. You can take it without any worries. The problem comes in when one considers it without a prescription. Modafinil was designed to help cure fatigue and sleepiness.
For those who take it so that they can stay focused for long hours that can be described as abuse this is because, under Modafinil, you can work for long hours of the night. And, end up feeling deprived of sleep. Remember, 8 to 10 hours of sleep are mandatory for your health. Nonetheless, there are no dangers posed by taking Modafinil. Despite also being legal, some companies restrict their employees from using it and so do other competitive universities.
What Is It Used for?
Now that you are familiar with what Modafinil is and what it does, it is now time you familiarize yourself with the uses. In this list, you might find at least two or three ways on how Modafinil can help you out.
1. Reduce Fatigue
- Chronic fatigue syndrome has become a prevalent condition worldwide. This syndrome has become more common today since our lives have become more busy and hectic to the point that our bodies no longer rest.
- By taking Modafinil, you can reduce this fatigue by up to 80%. Modafinil can help improve cognitive functions thus making you feel less sleepy or tired and more active.
2. It Is A Remedy for Excessive Sleepiness
- Do you always feel sleepy at all times, even during the day? Well, Modafinil can help alleviate that. Sleep disorders can interfere with your quality of life since you will be feeling sleepy during the day and insomnia during the night.
- Modafinil can help you fall asleep faster by restoring the regular sleep pattern. You will be able to fall asleep faster and be attentive during the day. It doesn’t interfere with your sleep pattern unlike drugs such as opioids and caffeine.
3. Helps Fight Addiction
- A lot of people struggle with addiction. When you take an addictive drug for an extended period, your body becomes dependent on it. Thus, when you fail to take the drug, your body becomes inactive. Fatigue and sleepiness are signs of addiction.
- By taking Modafinil, you can beat the addiction menace. This is because your body will be able to operate without that drug whether it is alcohol or marijuana.
4. It Boosts Processing Speed
- There are some of us who feel as if they have a low processing speed. Well, this is bound to happen as you age and face different stress triggers. Modafinil does a marvelous job in boosting processing speed. Your brain will be sharper, and you will be more alert.
5. Improves Memory and Motivates
- Slow processing speed is also accompanied by poor memory. If you feel like you are unable to recall things quickly, then Modafinil can be of great assistance to you. It will boost your memory and improve your motivation. As a result, you will be able to enjoy life better.
The list of what Modafinil can do for you is endless. It is a great drug that can help boost your cognitive functions. If you were considering using Modafinil, then you can give it a try. Compared to amphetamines and caffeine, Modafinil is a superior drug with lesser side effects.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite Supplement!!