Modalert 200 mg tablet is used in the promotion of wakefulness for patients that have extreme sleepiness during daytime or patients that have sleeping disorders. It is also quite useful for people that have a tight working schedule which doesn’t have scheduled a sleeping time to help them stay awake.
However, one thing you need to note is that it does not cure sleep disorder; neither does it get rid of all kinds of sleepiness. It is also not advised to be used to hold off sleep for people that don’t have any sleeping disorder. Therefore, you need to take caution with this medicine.
Uses of Modalert 200
Here’s some in-depth information on uses of Modalert.
- It helps in promoting wakefulness for patients with excessive sleepiness during daytime or even extreme sleepiness caused by certain sleeping disorders. Narcolepsy is known to cause this sleepiness as it is a condition that affects the sleep-wake cycle.
- It is also suitable for patients with sleeping disorders such as Obstructive Sleep Apnea- this is a condition where breathing is shallow or stops for a short period which leads to lack of sleep at night or sleepiness during the daytime. It is a great relief for such patients to know of an effective solution to their sleep disorder.
- It can also be used to reduce excessive sleepiness for people that don’t have any sleeping schedule due to work shifts. Whereas this can greatly improve their quality of life as they have a better experience at work, despite the sleepiness.
The Side Effects of Modalert 200
There are certain side effects of this tablet that are worth noting. Check them out below;
- Chest pain
- Fever and chills
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- A headache
- Black or tarry stools
- Trouble sleeping
Despite these side effects, when this tablet is used as directed by the doctor, it has numerous benefits to a person who has sleep disorders. Thereby ensuring that people with extensive sleepiness are assisted to stay awake as they go about their daily chores.
The Right Dosage
If you are someone who is allergic to modafinil or its related compounds, then this tablet is not suitable for you. If you happen to miss a dose, you should take the medicine as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose just continues with your normal schedule of the dosage. Please note that you should not double your dose to cover for the forgotten dose. If it is too late on a working day, you should not take this medicine.
- This drug might be unsafe to use during pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding and it is advised to consult your doctor before taking medicine.
The substitutes for Modalert 200 are; Modatec 200 mg, Provoke 200 mg, Modapro 200 mg, and Modafil 200 mg.
- You need to ensure that you strictly follow all the instructions on the label of the medicine, and also take Modalert as prescribed by your doctor. You should also ensure not to take more or less than what has been prescribed to you. Inform your doctor in case you are taking any other medicine before starting to take this medicine.
- This is because this tablet could have certain negative reactions with other medications that one could be taking, hence the need to notify the doctor. A person will only enjoy the effects of this tablet when they use it as prescribed and directed, whereas any deviation to such directions could have dire consequences.
- If you or someone you know happens to overdose on this medicine, ensure that you seek emergency medical treatment as soon as possible. Especially because it is an amazing tablet when used in the right manner, but could have other consequences when abused.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the onset of action for Modalert 200 mg?
- Modalert takes an approximate of 20 to 60 minutes to take action.
- What is the duration of effect of Modalert 200 mg?
- Modalert remains active in the body for about 5 to 10 hours after a patient administers it.
- Is Modalert safe to use with alcohol?
- The interaction of Modalert with alcohol is unknown. However, it is highly recommended that you seek your doctor’s advice before consuming the medicine.
- Is Modalert habit forming?
- Modalert 200 mg may be habit-forming. Therefore, you need to seek medical advice before engaging with the drug.
Can It Be Used in Pregnancy or During Breastfeeding?
This tablet is not to be used during pregnancy, and it is highly recommended that you seek the doctor’s advice before taking medicine if you happen to be pregnant. Also, if you are breastfeeding this medicine is not recommended. You need to consult your doctor before taking medicine.
The beauty of using this tablet is in its capability of improving a person’s quality of life, whereas at the same time ensuring that they can safeguard their jobs. When one can stay awake at their workplace, this will see to it that they perform as required and can therefore effectively provide for their family. However, one should not abuse this useful tablet and use it when they do not have a sleep disorder.
Though this tablet will help someone stay awake, it is important to note that it will not treat sleep disorders that they may be suffering from. It will only ensure one stays awake when its actions in a person’s system.
Like every other medicine out there, this highly effective tablet has its pros and cons. Therefore, you need to adhere to any given instructions and strictly follow your doctor’s prescription to stay safe and healthy. You should also note that it works by acting on the brain area which controls wakefulness and sleep.
This is a very sensitive area and requires a user to be certain that they require such a medicine. Therefore, ensure that you meet the requirements necessary for taking the drug, and you can do this by consulting a doctor.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite Supplement!!