In the past three years, we have seen how Kratom has become popular due to its many benefits. However, being a supplement like any other, kratom does have some side effects. One of the most common side effects is kratom nausea. If you have been experiencing nausea after taking kratom, then this article will tell you all you need to know about it including the reasons kratom nausea occurs, its cure and how to prevent it.
What Is Kratom Nausea?
Before we discuss how to beat kratom nausea, we must first understand what it is. At least every person has experienced nausea in his/her lifetime. Kratom nausea is not different from regular nausea. It occurs after you take a kratom strain then feel the urge to vomit and empty your stomach. The primary cause of kratom nausea is when the vomiting center of the brain is activated. Kratom nausea can be quite unpleasant because when you vomit the kratom, it becomes ineffective.
Some strains are associated with causing nausea. They are Bali and Indo strains. If vomiting becomes too hard to deal with, it is recommendable that you stay clear of these two. But, with the prevention tips laid out below, you won’t have to stop using your favorite strain.
What are The Reasons for Kratom Nausea?
As mentioned earlier, Kratom is no different from other supplements. And, the fact that our bodies are different. Kratom may affect us differently. One may get some of these side effects and another may not. Anyway, there are some reasons for one to get kratom nausea. Below are some;
1. Kratom is An Opioid
- Yes, kratom is an opioid. But it is a gentle one, and that’s why it is useful and not harmful. It works under the mechanism of intercepting receptors in the brain. Opioids are generally known to cause nausea amongst users. Therefore, kratom is likely to create the same since it binds to the vomiting receptors in the brain.
2. It May Cause Stomach Sensitivity
- As we had discussed earlier, kratom affects us differently depending on our genetics and body type. There are some people whose stomachs are sensitive to kratom herbs. Thus, whenever they take them, they experience stomach reactions resulting in nausea.
3. Kratom Does Have an Unfavourable Taste
- If you have ever taken kratom on its own, without a flavor that is, you can attribute to how unpleasant it is. The taste of pure kratom is nauseating. And this could be the reason why you always feel nausea when taking kratom. Make sure that you mix it with a substance that will neutralize the taste of kratom.
Familiarizing yourself with the reasons for kratom nausea is essential. Because it is only through the cause that you can determine the ideal prevention measure, if the reason behind the nausea is the taste, then you can begin taking kratom alongside tea or juices.
Are There Precautions I Can Take to Prevent Kratom Nausea?
Just because kratom gives you nausea. That doesn’t mean that you stop benefiting from it. Fortunately, there are a couple of precautions that you can take to prevent kratom nausea. Remember, we are all different. You need to explore these precautions until you find one that works best for you.
1. Be Mindful of The Dosage
- One of the causes of kratom nausea is taking it in high doses. High doses of kratom induce euphoria and some form of dizziness which leads to nausea. To avoid this, you need to be mindful of your dosage. Only take what you can handle.
- If you are a newbie, a gram is sufficient. If you feel that it’s not, feel free to add another gram. Don’t start by taking 5 or 6 grams at a go. Additionally, it’s best if you stick to kratom powder and not its extracts.
2. Never Take Kratom On An Empty Stomach
- Nausea can also occur if you take kratom on an empty stomach. The herb is quite potent and taking it on an empty stomach could cause nausea and stomach discomfort. Ensure that you take it before meals or make a habit of taking light meals before your dose.
3. Pick A New Method of Consumption
- Earlier, we had discussed how kratom has an unpleasant taste. Well, if you used to take kratom in its pure form without mixing it with anything, then that could be the reason why you feel nauseous.
- The kratom powder can mix with juice or anything to minimize its unpleasant taste. Learning how to make kratom tea is also advantageous. Kratom tea tastes good and can be absorbed by your stomach without causing irritations.
4. Take It With Ginger
- Ginger has been used for hundreds of years to prevent nausea. You can take it alongside kratom to prevent nausea. You can either grind it and mix it with kratom tea or chew it after taking your kratom.
Treating Kratom Nausea
Preventative measures are significant if it’s something you intend on doing later. But, are you feeling kratom nausea at the moment? Here are tips that can help cure kratom nausea.
Chew On Some Ginger or Peppermint
- Ginger can either prevent kratom nausea or treat it. If you are feeling ill look for some ginger in your kitchen or have someone fetch it from the nearby grocery store. Chew on it till the feeling of nausea fades away. That is the perfect home remedy.
Take OTC Medications for Nausea
- If you do have some over the counter medication for nausea that can be of great help in treating it. Antiemetic medicines are great at beating nausea and vomiting.
- Another excellent way to beat kratom nausea is by taking medical marijuana. THC and CBD are both high at reducing nausea. It is why medical marijuana is popular among patients receiving chemotherapy. But before you take medical marijuana to make sure that it meets all legal requirements as per your state.
Kratom can provoke nausea, especially among first-time users. However, the good news is that this can prevent and if it is occurring to you at the moment, you can treat it. Despite this side effect, kratom remains to be an excellent supplement that can provide you with lots of health benefits.
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite Supplement!!