The legalization of cannabis has been increasing across the world. Many don’t just want to get high but to benefit from its medicinal properties. Some believe that cannabis will only make you feel high, which is wrong.
However, there are two major compounds found in cannabis. One is psychoactive content called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and the other one is cannabidiol (CBD) which is non-psychoactive. CBD oil is an extract of variants that are low in THC but high in Cannabidiol.
This allows you to benefit from pain killing and other positive effects such as treating mood disorders while avoiding getting high.
Methods of extracting CBD oil
The best way to understand CBD is to first to know how to make CBD oil.
First, CBD oil is extracted in three main methods;
1. CO2 Method
This method is the most effective and safest way if you want to extract clean CBD oil like a professional. Although it requires expensive equipment and chemistry knowledge, it’s often thought to be the best and safest. Most of the professionally made CBD products that you see online are made from CO2 extraction. For this process, the CO2 is pressurized at low temperatures through the plant to pull out CBD in its purest form.
2. Oil Method
The best part about this oil method is that it’s very simple and only requires olive oil. For this process, the dried plant material is first heated up to a certain temperature to activate the cannabinoids. Then the plant material is added to olive oil which is further heated up to 200° Fahrenheit, and then you filter the extract. This is the best method for the average person who wants to learn how to make CBD oil.
The bad part about this method is that the extract cannot be concentrated. These leaves are less potent products and the user needs to take a much larger dosage to feel the effect.
3. Ethanol Method
Unlike the CO2 method, the ethanol method is cheap and easy. However, this method can destroy some CBD substance in the hemp plant material, making it less effective. In this process, ethanol is added to the plant material which further separates the cannabinoids and flavor. The liquid is then heated to evaporate it down in order to extract CBD oil.
How to Make Your Own CBD Oil
Making your own CBD oil can save you a lot, and if you are able to do it the right way, your product could be better in terms of quality. For instance, some manufacturers just want to benefit themselves financially, so they sometimes use toxic solvents that can end up being in the final product. This can be harmful to the user. But how do you make your own CBD oil?
Making your own CBD oil at home is very easy and has a lot of advantages, which is why this article gives you a step by step recipe that can be completed by just anybody within several minutes.
How to Make Cbd Oil with Olive Oil
A study has proven olive oil as the most effective solvent for a full spectrum of cannabis extraction. One advantage of this method is that, unlike other extraction methods, olive oil leaves no chemical residue in the final product.
To make CBD oil with olive oil, you will need
- Virgin olive oil
- Double-boiler, slow cooker, saucepan…
- Grinder (blender, coffee grinder, food processor..)
Cannabis, finely ground
- Grind the cannabis.
- Measure out the oil and cannabis in a ratio of 2:1. On the other hand, you can fill the container with herb and top up until it’s completely covered with oil.
- Allow the oil to simmer in a double boiler set up, never letting it boil and constantly stir. If the bubbles start to form, you can turn down the heat and remove your mixture from the burner until it cools off a bit.
- After a couple of hours, you can put the mixture in a refrigerator and leave to cool until the oil solidifies. In this way, you will be able to separate this from the water, which will remain in liquid form.
- You can strain and store your oil.
The oil can be stored for at least two months, but it can be extended through refrigeration.
- Now you have your CBD oil.
- How to Make Cbd Oil with Coconut Oil
Alternatively, CBD oil can also be made using coconut oil. In comparison to other oil, coconut oil is rich in saturated fatty acids which make it useful as the binding agent. It forms a perfect medium for cannabis; just like CBD, coconut oil has a lot of health benefits.
The most essential medicinal effect that it imparts is that it is antibacterial substance. Another reason why coconut oil is mostly preferred when extracting CBD oil is that the final product that you get remains solid at room temperature. This gives you a chance to use it as a topical agent and can also be easily stored in gelatin capsules.
How to Make CBD oil with Coconut Oil
The process is just the same as that of olive oil. To make CBD oil with Coconut Oil you will need
- About 14 grams of a cannabis rich strain
- Organic coconut oil ( 1 cup)
- If you prefer to use weed for this matter, first you need to grind it to make it fine and take about 14 grams of the strain.
- Add the fine herb to a glass jar containing 1 cup of organic coconut oil. Shake the jar vigorously to mix the content
- Put the jar in a saucepan containing at least 3 inches of water and let it simmer for about 2- hours. Don’t let it boil. Avoid overheating, or the water gets evaporated.
- Remove the glass jar from the pot after 3 hours and let it cool in a refrigerator.
- Use the strainer to strain the content of the jar. The liquid left behind is rich CBD oil.
You now have your CBD oil. Ensure you store this oil in a cool and dark place.
How to Make Cbd Oil with Stems
Stems are mostly overlooked as unusable part in a plant. However, there are simple ways you can easily do to make good use of your CBD stems. For legality reasons, many CBD products are extracted from stalks and stems of industrial hemp plant which are cannabis plants with 3% THC or less so they qualify as industrial hemp.
To extract CBD oil with stems, here is what you require;
- A pot
- A pitcher
- A sharp knife
- A handful of stems
- set a full tea kettle of water on to boil. Let it boil for several minutes.
- Cut your stem to a certain length to make it fit easily into your pitcher to be covered by water.
- Split the stems lengthwise to ensure that the white, pithy part inside is exposed.
- Put your processed stems into your pitcher.
- Once the water has reached a rolling boiling point, pour it over the stems and cover the pitcher.
- Let the tea steep for about 24 hours. You can as well put it in the refrigerator if you like.
You can serve over ice or re-heat through your preferred method and enjoy. This mixture can be a quick relief from nausea and headaches.
How to Make CBD Oil from Isolate
CBD isolate is cannabidiol in its purest form possible. Although it’s a relatively new product in the cannabidiol hemp oil industry, CBD isolate is becoming very popular in the market. CBD crystals are a fine white powder that only contains the cannabidiol chemical compounds.
As an ingredient, CBD isolate can be consumed in its powdered form. However, it’s so much easier to work with if you use it to make simple CBD oil.
What you will need
- 1g CBD isolate powder
- MCT oil
- An oral syringe or small measuring cup
- 30 ml dropper bottle
- A small funnel, scoop, or spoon
- Decide your desired concentration. You can choose the mixture to be in a ratio of 1000mg CBD isolate to 20 ml of MCT oil, for a final concentration of 50mg of CBD per ml.
- Using a lab scoop or a measuring spoon put you CBD isolate powder to a bottle or a container.
- Screw the cap on the dropper bottle and start shaking for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. It might take a while for the powder to dissolve into the oil.
- You can put the closed dropper bottle in a glass of hot water to speed up the final step. Once you have finished, your CBD oil can be used like any other CBD oil.
Cannabis oil for cancer
- CBD has proven to be effective for treating various serious ailments including cancer.
How to Make Your Own CBD Oil for Cancer like A Professional
- Place the dry material in a plastic bucket.
- Moisten the material with the solvent (use either ether, butane, naphtha, or 99% isopropyl alcohol). 2 gallons of solvent is necessary to extract the THC from one pound.
- Crash the plant material using a stick of clean wood. Continue crushing while adding solvent until the plant material is completely soaked. Stir the substance for about 3 minutes to dissolve off the material into the solvent.
- Pour the solvent-oil mixture of the plant material into another bucket.
- Add solvent again to the mixture and stir for another 3 minutes to further extract the remaining THC.
- Pour this solvent into the bucket containing the first mix that you previously poured out.
- Throw away the twice washed material. You can use a coffee filter to pour the solvent-oil mixture into a clean container.
- Then boil the solvent off using a rice cooker. CAUTION: avoid stove-tops, cigarettes, red-hot elements or anything flammable as the fumes are extremely flammable.
- Keep adding the solvent to the cooker until it’s about ¾ full and turn on high heat. Remember too that you should maintain a well-ventilated area throughout the process.
- As the level decreases for the last time, you can add a few drops of water of about ten drops in a pound of dry material. This protects the oil from too much heat.
- When the solvent water mixture reaches about one inch, you can then put on your oven mitts and pick the unit up and swirl the contents until the solvent has finished boiling off.
- Then turn the cooker to low heat. Avoid the oil to reach 290° F or 140° C.
- You can now remove the pot containing your oil from the rice cooker. Then pour the oil in a stainless steel container.
- Put the stainless steel container in a dehydrator. If there is no surface activity on the oil, then your oil is ready for use for cancer.
- You can now suck the oil with a plastic syringe to dispense it easily. Once the oil is cooled, it will have a thick grease consistency.
How to Make Cbd Oil without Alcohol
What you need
- Food-safe vegetable glycerin
- Decarboxylated sugar trim, knife, buds – even hash
- Quart size Mason Jar
- Glass bottles
- Canning strainer stand and bag
- Decarboxylate your solution first to keep you safe and to make your CBD oil more potent.
- Fill the jar with Decarboxylated cannabis at about ¾ and let it settle naturally. Then pour vegetable glycerin over the top until the cannabis is entirely covered.
- Store your mixture for 60 days.
- If you remember, you can rotate the jar once a day.
- Before you strain your tincture, it’s good to decarboxylate one last time.
- Put the whole Mason jar, lid and all, into an oven and set it up to 170 F.
- Once the oven is preheated, set the timer for 45 minutes and let the tincture warm up.
- Then turn off the oven and let the jar cool. If you are worried that the jar might break, you can
- pour the mixture into a small crock pot.
Now that you know various ways to make CBD oil, it’s up to you to decide what will work best for you. Healthy CBD oil is passionate about choosing high-quality CBD products and bringing them to you online. However, if you are looking for a safe and legal source of CBD oil with minimal amounts of THC, then choose CBD oil produced from industrial hemp.
Dr. Jack Barnes
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite Supplement!!