What is kratom?
- Kratom is a tropical tree (Mitragynaspeciosa), which is native to Southeast Asia. Its leaves contain compounds that can have mind-altering (psychotropic) effects.
- Kratom currently a legal substance, and has been made easy to order via the internet. At times it is sold in labeled packets as a green powder and sometimes sold as an extractor gum.
How Kratom Works In Relieving Pain
It is well thought that the 2 compounds present in kratom, 7-hydroxymitragynine, and mitragynine, help in controlling pain by attaching to proteins well-known as opioid receptors, ultimately reducing the perception of pain. They work exactly as Opioid drugs, minimizing the pain signals from intensively reaching the brain.
They also effectively reduce the effects of painful stimuli by influencing the brain regions that are involved in the regulation of emotions — opioid drugs medications used for relieving pain. In lower doses, Kratom is a mild stimulant and is in higher doses a sedative drug.
Best Kratom for Pain Relief
Are you interested in using kratom for pain relief? It’s essential for you to ensure you are using the right strain. For cannabis, particular types of kratom perform better than others in relieving of pain. The analgesic properties of kratom largely depend on the amount of 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine present.
Kratom’s beauty is on the variation of its strains. There is a type that could be perfect for getting you going in the morning, help you focus on your work, others enhance socializing with friends, while others contain medicinal benefits such as easing anxiety, calming the bowels, getting rid of diarrhea, and relieving pain.
The strains are usually called names based on the place from they come. The differences in environment and climate vary in each place, which means each type has different effects and strengths. Kratom is, however, not only differentiated by strain, but the vein color also causes a difference as well. As a result of the chemical composition, veins of kratom leaf can be green, red, white, and yellow. It signifies that color helps in determining the effect a particular strain of kratom will have on the mind and body.
For this reason, it is possible to have vein colors that are different within the same strain, each giving a different effect. For instance, in Maeng Da the red and yellow vein variants offer a sedating effect, while white and green vein variants are more of stimulants. The reason as to why each strain has a different outcome is as a result of different concentrations of alkaloids like and 7-hydroxymitragynine and Mitragynine. That is why other strains are better in enhancing your mood, others for relieving pain, while others are used for improving cognitive abilities.
With this in mind, let’s look at the following kratom strains with the highest concentration of alkaloids:
1. Thai Kratom
- This is arguably among the most famous strains. It contains a high level of stimulating alkaloids, such as mitragynine, it offers energy and a mental focus to work for long hours. It is, therefore, ideal for use by those suffering from depression or fatigue, or who want more attention and energy when working. This also explains why it has always been traditionally used in Thailand by manual laborers.
- The mood enhancing and stimulating benefits are found in the green and white veins kratom. The red strain of Thai kratom is the most effective as a pain reliever. Its unique profile of alkaloids may have different effects, which depends on the user. It is essential if you try each strain, to see how you react.
- Generally, people who use Thai kratom report more productivity, having more motivation, energy, and confidence, making it a great nootropic.
2. Maeng Da Kratom
- Maeng Da kratom among the most active strains of kratom, as it is created through the method of selective breeding. Just Like Thai kratom, it contains a high concentration of mitragynine which offers a blend of pain relief as well as stimulation, together with effects for mood enhancing.
- This origins of this strain lack sufficient information about its roots. It makes some conspiracy theorists believe that this is a genetically modified strain. Their claim is further fuelled by the fact that this strain is specially bred via a process known as crafting. Due to this, it was explicitly designed for laborers in difficult manual jobs such as those working in hard and humid conditions.
- Kratom farmers after being spurred by tough competition selectively bred the plant to produce the most stimulating and potent kratom possible. By way of grafting, mixing blends of natural and artificial methods of selection, they made the most potent kratom. It lifts mood, offers energy boost, and also enhances focus.
- Although it was initially designed for workers in hard manual labor, the effects it has on energy and focuses make it useful for people in mental work.
- For those suffering from mild chronic pain, it is an excellent alternative to common medications, as it relieves them from pain without experiencing unpleasant side effects.
The only drawback for this strain is that you can quickly build up a tolerance.
- The increasing demand from the West (Mostly the US and Canada) has made Borneo among the world’s biggest exporters of kratom. The different weather and climate conditions it grows through means it can produce several strains of kratom as compared to many other regions.
- Borneo kratom is well known for its pain killing, addiction treating, and euphoric properties. This is because, unlike Maeng Da and Thai kratom, Borneo has high 7-hydroxymitragynine concentrations which make it the most sedating kratom type of all other strains.
- It comes in all varieties vein color with red and green being the most common. Though many other strands are known for euphoric, addiction treating, and painkilling properties, just a few can match the Borneo kratom.
- For this reason, it has been traditionally for, relieving opiate withdrawal treating chronic pain, and much more. This is why this strain is quite ideal for reducing stress, insomnia, and anxiety.
- If you are looking to get relieved from pain, it’s best for you to use the red vein, as it has the optimum properties for reducing pain, euphoria and addiction treatment. If you suffer from anxiety and stress, then the green vein will offer you the best solution. Most people who sufferer have even realized it is an effective prescription sedative such as benzodiazepines without portraying any side-effects.
- If you suffer insomnia, this strain will assist you in having a more restful sleep. If you, however, want a warming effect, try the white vein Borneo, as it contains a blend of pain-relieving and stimulating qualities.
4. Indo Kratom
- This kratom strain has been grown in Indonesia for very many years, and growers have turned its harvesting into an art. As a result, Indo kratom is among the top kratoms strains you can get.
- Due to the high quality it has, it contains the least side-effects such as the “wobbles.” This is where, depending on the amount you consume, your bodyweight, physiology, and so on, you can have difficulty in focusing your eyes, therefore giving you a shaky feeling that can ultimately lead to nausea.
- Though a lot of it depends on the time of the year, vein colors and the plant itself, Indo kratom is beneficial for relieving pain, relaxation, combating opiate withdrawal, mood lifting, and sedation.
- Indo kratom has quite a higher 7-OH-mitragynine concentration and fewer concentrations of mitragynine than other strains. This means its mood boosting and relaxing are good, but it’s not as stimulating like different strains.
- What sets Indo kratom apart from other strains for pain relief is the way it lasts for longer than other kratom strains. In this case, the red vein strain being the most notable. It also offers a sedative effect, which should take into consideration. Due to this, it is recommended for relieving yourself from anxiety.
There are different forms of Indo kratom, due to the various ways in which it is grown. They include the following:
- Gives the relaxing and pain killing effects of a red vein. It also has some mild energetic effects.
- Has great mood-lifting, sedative, and analgesic properties. You may, however, want to mix it with more stimulating strains to get a perfect energy boost.
White Vein Strain of Indo
- is considered the most effective variety of Indo kratom in stimulations. It is recommended for relieving one from pain.
Though both the Borneo and Indos strains offer pain relief, strains of Borneo are more sedating and relieves anxiety more than Indo strains. They also have fewer side-effects such as the wobbles. The only drawback is that their effect lasts for a shorter period in duration.
5. Malaysian Kratom
- With a long history of consuming and growing kratom, Malaysia’s tropical and wet climate brings in the perfect conditions for harvesting. Over the past centuries, Malaysian Kratom has become a unique strain with its specific effects. For instance, unlike other strains of energy boosting, Malaysian Kratom strains offer a smooth and balanced energy boost.
- Malaysian kratom has a vast range of effects. But there are those that are more outstanding. The most notable being Super Green Malay, which provides increased patience and focus – making it useful for workers.
- The effect of this strain depends on the dosage. A low dosage provides an energy boost, and high dosage, on the other hand, offers more sedative effects. When ingested in a high dosage, it first stimulates before giving more sedating effect. It is, therefore important to begin taking small doses up to a point you find the sweet spot.
- Despite its sedating and energizing effects, the properties for Malay strains that are cognition-enhancing are mostly noted by users. The focus becomes better, with enhanced mental energy for an extended period. Green and White vein Malaysian varieties when taken in low dosages are best meant for achieving the nootropic effects.
- Red vein together with green is also good for relieving pain, and unlike other strains of kratom, without much sedation effects. So it’s possible to get discharged from pain, and also feel energized to focus more on your work.
- This also applies to the properties of relieving anxiety. Unlike tranquilizers that sedate and lower your tension as well, Malay strains provide stress and anxiety relief as it enhances the maintenance of mental clarity. That is, therefore, a common strain used by sufferers of social anxiety.
- Green Malay is the most famous of all Malay veins. It provides a variety of effects such as pain relief, energy, anxiety relief, mood and focus due to the unique alkaloid profile and thick cell walls, which last longer than in other strains.
- The Red vein Malaysian has higher effects of pain-relieving and sedation than the green vein. It enhances relaxation and promotes mood, meaning it’s perfect for pain, stress, and anxiety relief.
It is not easy to live with body pain. In case you live with pain, you may become so familiar with the effects it can impose on your life’s quality. But before trying out any strains of kratom to relieve your pain, endeavor to speak first to your doctor or health care provider.